jueves, 11 de febrero de 2010

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I shouldn't be wasting my time watching movies but I had a very tough day today so I decided to give myself a little treat and watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I really enjoyed this movie. Cried twice for it brought me back the memories of people that I really wish that I had said good-bye to but I couldn't, and can't anymore.

The truth is, even if I could say good-bye, to somehow help myself release some of the memories (and destroy the ambiguity) of these people, I would have never done it. If I let these memories go, what would I run to whenever my most "current" reality shatters my hopes and dreams. (Face it? It's not always easy being strong minded) Memories are like shelters or any other places one considers safe(your mom's closet?), safe because memories are done and over with. Already determined, no more responsibilities for you. There's nothing you can do to alter your memories (unless you reconstruct your recent emotional reactions to these memories which is a whole different story)and thus, there are no concrete consequences, of course there are some burdens that come along with memories such as frustration and freedom(speaking of contradictions!). Frustration because there's nothing, absolutely nothing you can do to renovate your memories and freedom because you are dismissed from obligations for you are not able to make your own choices.

Is there free will? :) I think not.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario