viernes, 30 de octubre de 2009

Carl Rogers (1979) Essential principles for successful learning

Principles essential for successful learning

1. There must be a natural potential for learning

Well, my sir, do I hear "eugenism"? Hohoho.

O.K. Back to seriousness,

A natural potential for learning huh? Potential being that you are not constantly disturbed by evil voices in your head? Or that you are docile enough not to discriminate against knowledge? Hohoho.

2. Learning is more likely to be successful if the learner sees that the material is relevant.

I agree. Relevancy plays the most important role in one's choice of interests - whether it's his favorite subject, music, movies, etc. A lot of times, people realize this and broadcast their forged interests to the world in order to project the image of a sane man. But so often these phony AND bird-brained fuckas fail to hide the feet of their dead victims under their beds. Why being something you are not in the first place if you are only going to end up in prison? Hohoho.

3. If the learning involves changing oneself. The person can find the learning threatening. (if the threatening learning is essential, it should be reduced to its minimum.)

That's right. Who likes changes? especially if it's a change that can have an impact on WHO YOU ARE? NO NO NO and NO!

For instance, why would I want to learn that I'm getting old, when I can actually remain 16 in my head for the rest of my life? You can yappidy-yap all you want. I will simply close my ears and sing "oh happy day." -> Of course, this right here is just an example, I'm not afraid of aging and watching my tits and ass sag.. or am I?

4. A lot of significant learning is acquired through doing something.

Does this mean that I need to go and have sex with French hookers to understand what the hell Henry Miller was talking about? Hohoho.

5. The learner must respond in a responsible manner to the learning experience.

Take control. Dominate.

6. The most successful and long lasting comes from self-initiated learning.

7. If internal evaluation is used rather than external evaluation, there will be more independence, creativity and self-reliance.

The question is why do we look for others' opinions in the first place? to gain more data? to see things from different angles? But how dangerous is this game? How easily can you lose focus and get trapped into the "the majority wins" rule?

8. It is essential that learners learn about the process to cope with the impact of the changes.
.. I imagine this is a continuing principle from the principle 3.

So again on about the sagging tits and ass..

9. The role of the teacher to provide an environment in which individuals can set their own learning goals.

What about you, teacher? what about your goals?

If any of my students asked me this, I would break down and cry on her shoulders. Of course, not because I feel frustrated about being an unstable vagabond in life but simply because I have "something" in my eyes. Hohohohoho.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario