sábado, 31 de octubre de 2009

Making noise while eating.

I have a pet lovebird in my house. We are very close and sometimes I let him sit on my shoulder when I eat. And sometimes I tease him by making chewing/biting noise. Because it fascinates me to see that he immediately recognizes the food chewing noise and tries to reach my mouth for the food.

Which made me wonder how "making food noise" became labelled as a barbarian act amongst humans.(Surely there are cultures in which making food noise is considered a norm, but those cultures are CHANGING as the globalization takes hold of the world.)

And I came to the conclusion that it possibly came from the breach between the ones that have food and the ones that don't.

Possibly there were people who owned food, and the ones who didn't. The people who owned food (rich, ruling class) did not want to provoke others'(without food, "subordinate class")hunger, as that would lead the subordinate class to be taken over by their animal urgy to SATISFY THEIR HUNGER by destroying the ruling class (OR, just out of courtsey). So they started eating food quietly and stealthily.

And eventually this became an aristocratic culture all around the world.

My most important point in all this is that I do not think making food noise was ever intended to be thought as a repulsive act. (It's NATURAL, even) And that people do so many things without realizing why the fuck they are doing what they are doing.

Fascist numbnuts.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario