martes, 22 de diciembre de 2009

Leonardo and I - no.

12.
Many will think they may reasonably blame me by alleging that my
proofs are opposed to the authority of certain men held in the
highest reverence by their inexperienced judgments; not considering
that my works are the issue of pure and simple experience, who is
the one true mistress. These rules are sufficient to enable you to
know the true from the false--and this aids men to look only for
things that are possible and with due moderation--and not to wrap
yourself in ignorance, a thing which can have no good result, so
that in despair you would give yourself up to melancholy.

- Leonardo da vinci

What a young-people thing to say. (Not that I'm old and dry like your.. ) I wonder how old he was when he wrote this.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario